Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Best Christmas for 2007, Ever!

So, first of all, sorry for the lack of posts but thats what you get when you are away for two weeks over the Christmas period. I have a couple of posts in mind so I will try publish them over the next couple of days. There are even some pictures on the way so you can see what our annual Christmas in New Mexico looks like so keep on checking.

As I have probably ranted on these pages before, Jenee and I are now both entirely Apple computer people and haven't looked back since. One feature that we haven't used until Christmas Eve was the Video Chat capabilities.

On Christmas Eve (US) / Christmas Day (AUS) I first tried to ring Mum and Dad, no answer. Then Helen and Danny, no answer and then Heather and Jon and I got an answer. Jon and I chatted for a bit and decided to try the V-Chat when the family arrived there for Christmas Lunch.

It was the coolest thing! I got to see everyone all at the same time and talk to them and I even got to see my Niece Rachel in the flesh (kinda - digital flesh then...) for the first time. She is the most precious little pumpkin I have ever seen, it actually brought several tears to my eyes. Luckily thanks to poor lighting and low resolution, I don't think anyone saw.

So this is the new thing! Its even better than phone calls! We sent over another webcam for either Mum and Dad or Helen and Danny to use. So if you are reading this and want to have a video chat with us let me know (email) and I will tell you how you can do it, its pretty easy. All you need is a computer, webcam and broadband internet.

Talk to you soon!

Nate and Jenee

No comments: