Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Exciting News for Middle Earth Geeks!

"After publicly feuding for more than a year, "Lord of the Rings" director Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema have reached agreement to make J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit," a planned two-film prequel to the blockbuster trilogy.

Jackson, who directed "Rings," will serve as executive producer for two "Hobbit" pictures. They will tell the story of how the young hobbit Bilbo Baggins originally came to possess the nefarious One Ring that Frodo, his adopted heir, needed three films to dispose of."

Source: Yahoo News

You can read the whole story by clicking on this link!

And Nate says:

Wooooo Hooooooo! 6+ more hours of Middle Earth on the way!

And in an earlier email to Brandon, Nate also said:

"And when all is said and done, you can bet I will be there dressed up like an elf or troll for the premier and then I will buy the DVD"

Also, there is a trailer floating around on the internet for the next Narnia Movie, Prince Caspian. I am so happy that they are making these movies, but I wonder, is the underlying message that C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien intended getting through or are they just fantasies of amusement...

No comments: