Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The La Chua Trail

After living here for nearly two years, I finally made my way to the infamous La Chua Trail. This trail makes its way through Paine's Prairie where there are alligators, birds, puma, horses, bison, snakes, turtles, fish and stuff.

So, along with Jenee, Dr Powers and Greg, we went for a 2 hour walk this last Saturday to take in the sights. We say about 50-60 gators, one which was at least 15ft (± 1 ft), he was a sight to behold. Check out the slide show below.



The coolest part was that you could get very close to some of the gators. You will see that Dr Powers and I got to with in 6ft of a 6-7 ft gator. We had no intention of getting any closer, but it did allow us to look at these amazing creatures up close. Remember kids, don't get too close to the water because its the gator that you don't see that will attack you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The trail looks like a cross between Jugner Forest & the Pashhow Marshlands :-P

Nate said...

Ha! It's funny you said that. Jenee actually got aggro'd by a Paines Lurking Lizzy and I had to solo him since I was the highest lvl there. Luck I had changed jobs to MNK/SAM that morning. I used my 2hr + Asuran Fisted him... It was nice the Dr Powers was there to Cure 3 me a few times too...