For a couple of weeks now I have been thinking about what to do for our first year anniversary. Traditionally the first anniversary is meant to be a paper anniversary. That was easy, I figured I would get tickets (paper) to the Dallas Mavericks basketball game and then take her somewhere fancy. Well that idea got canned because the Mav’s were playing an away game. The next idea was to take her to a symphony, or an opera or a play or something. Again and again each idea was nixed for one reason or another. So I figured I would have to rely on my amazing charm and charisma *cough* and come up with an original plan. So this is how it went down.
I got home and then booked a hotel in
So why the cake? Well, traditionally you are meant to eat the top layer of your cake when you have your first year anniversary except our cake didn’t make it to our 1 week anniversary, it was so good that we decided to eat it while it was still good, no point wasting good cake. So I decided that we should still have cake on our anniversary so I made Jenee’s favorite, white cake with white icing, which also resembles our wedding cake. Perhaps one thing I did underestimate was how hard it really is to the little black squiggly decorations that we had on our cake. My attempt, well, you can see it below…
So, I was ready by about 1pm and spent the rest of the cold, rainy day on the couch with Linda and Joe relaxing and napping. I was at DBU at 5pm to surprise Jenee with flowers (white roses) and then I took her to dinner. We went to Bobby Valentines, a sports restaurant, and for those of you about to baulk at the choice, I chose this place because this is where Jenee took me for dinner after one of the first dates we ever had. As luck would have it, we even sat in the very same booth that we shared all those years ago.
After dinner we headed into
The next morning, we met up with Linda and Joe and Cory for a hearty breakfast at Old South, the bestest pancake house in the world. So there you have it, we had a wonderful anniversary and I have a wonderful wife!

No comments:
Post a Comment