Pages

Friday, November 16, 2007

Immigration News

Well, we had some very exciting news on Tuesday. We received the letter for the final interview for the immigration process to make me a permanent resident. The only catch was that the date for the interview was a little, shall I say, unexpected? Have a guess when it has been scheduled, go on...

I'll tell you. The day after Christmas. Yup, you read that right. So Jenee and I will be flying out to Texas for Christmas on the 21st, and then we will be flying back to Jacksonville, Florida, for the interview and then after the interview we will fly back to Texas to meet up with everyone and drive to New Mexico, hopefully with me as a lawful permanent resident.

I have had a bit of a hard time with the interview date and I have been thinking about it. I don't think my initial reaction was very Christlike as I was kinda annoyed that the interview was the day after Christmas but I have since realized that I should be rejoicing because the Lord has been providing for Jenee and I in all things and I should be greatful that He has made this whole process manageable and that we have an interview date so soon.

If you could remember to keep us in your prayers it would be appreciated. I have two prayer points that I have thought of:
  1. Jenee and I are busy pulling all the necessary documents together for the interview so prayer that we would be diligent and thorough would be great and,
  2. Prayer for me to stop worrying about all the scenarios that my imagination keeps coming up with and to trust in God with a more child-like faith, i.e. trusting that God has and will take care of me and I don't have to be in control.
In our Bible Study Fellowship we have been studying the book of Matthew and just two weeks ago we covered Chapter 6, part of Jesus' "Sermon on the Mount". I love this chapter because a few of my favorite promises from God rest in these pages. I have been drawing comfort from these and I would like to share them with you.
  1. Matthew 6:25-26. God will feed us
  2. Matthew 6:28-30. God will clothe us
  3. Matthew 6:30-34. God is going to look after us because he love us. Stop worrying Nate...

1 comment:

Mike said...

Glad to hear immigration is going so well! I know its the day after Christmas, but at least you're making progress.