Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

1 Year Already!

I can hardly believe it. Jenee and I have been married for a whole year! 365 days! In hindsight, it seems to have gone extremely fast, it feels like a month ago we were having Thanksgiving at the Masri’s with Mum and Dad and all our friends and family and now here we are, and old(er) married couple.

So what are some of the shared highlights for one year? Lets see…

  • WE GOT MARRIED!
  • A trip to White Fish and Big Mountain, Montana
  • A trip to Angel Fire, Red River and Taos, New Mexico
  • (1 trip to the Taos Emergency Room)
  • 8 trips to Texas
  • A trip to Denver, Colorado Springs and St Elmo, Colorado
  • An unplanned layover in Alexandria, Lousianna
  • 1 new cat
  • 6 trips to St. Augustine
  • 1 shuttle launch
  • 1 trip to NASA
  • 1 wrestling match with a gator
  • A trip to dive with Manatee’s
  • A trip to dive for scallops
  • 1 Nintendo Wii (+ Guitar Hero, Jenee)
  • A road trip to South Carolina
  • A road trip to Tennessee
  • 5 visits to Zoo’s (Alexandria Zoo LA, Denver Zoo CO, Jacksonville Zoo FL, Dallas World Aquarium TX, St. Augustine Alligator Farm FL)
  • A minimum of 36 plane rides (and you wonder how I know which restaurants are in which terminal in Atlanta)
  • 7000+ miles / 11,200+ km worth of road trips
  • 3 x 12,000+ ft mountains conquered (Pikes, Flag Pole and another one that slips my mind)
  • And well the list goes on and on and on…

I have to say that we have been extremely blessed. Through the goodness of Jenee’s parents, much of our travel to see them has been enabled via airmiles. In one year we have had countless adventures and as a result have hundreds of new memories. I have in excess of 10,000 photo’s to prove it. If you don’t believe me you are welcome to sit down and look through them with me. And while I wrote this on the last plane on the way home to Gainesville I was reminded how good God is to us. Ultimately we recognize that God has indeed given us all these things and more, and through his love for us He has provided over and abundantly for us. I have only touched on the obvious things but its sometimes hard to describe in a few words how God has been there for us during some tough times this year, how he as kept us together through thick and thin and made us closer and stronger as a couple under his rule. I wonder and guess that this training if you will is readying us for the next plan he has for us, what ever that may be. I am excited to see what it is (and a little nervous, such a worrier I am, something else God is helping me work on).

I can’t wait to see what is in-store for year two!