Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fauxmas!

Since it's Christmas time and we wouldn't get to see our Gainesville friends, we decided to have a Christmas party early. Somehow I decided that we should call it "Fauxmas". We had a lovely time with Rob, Sarah, Meredith and Chris and Amber.

Each of the couples contributed something to the dinner table and later that night we did a gift exchange. Us boys were terribly predictable and used each others Amazon wishlist to choose an item for less than $20. The girls were a little more creative and found a special something that involved thought to give.

Between dinner and the gift exchange we assembled the Hamersma Christmas tree and decorated it with a plethora of fantastic decorations. So much fun! Amazingly I forgot my camera, so all I have to show for it is a few low quality images from my iPhone. Looking at Meredith against the tree I can hardly believe how much she has grown in the last year. She was so little when Rob and Sarah got her and now through good food, lots of love and attention she is blossoming into a beautiful little girl. We finished the night off watching "The Holiday Inn" together, the perfect thing to watch to finish off a very nice evening.

Merry Fauxmas everyone!

No comments: