Ok so I am a little late with this, but happy 4th of July. Jenee and I were really looking forward to this weekend becasue [1] it was a long weekend and [2] that meant that we got to sleep in. Well sort of, I was woken by naughty pussy cats at 7am who decided that either they were bored, hungry or needed attention. I fed them and went back to sleep on the couch out of defiance. We spent Friday doing chores, and in actual fact, didn't really do anything until 11am. The one interesting thing that happened was that Jenee actually said that she wanted to watch Star Wars to see what all the fuss was about, so we started episode 4.
Saturday was the 4th, and we had made plans with friends of ours to go to Alachua to see the fireworks show there. Now Alachua is not a big town and was boasting to have the "Biggest Small Town Fireworks Show in America". I am pretty sure there was at least one other town boasting this, but to my supprise there was about 5-6000 people there, it was like a free county fair and the fireworks were pretty good. I have to admit, I have high standard from seeing shows like "Skyshow" in Adelaide and the best of them all, New Years in Sydney Harbour, but little Alachua did a very good job. The only dumb thing we did was go too early. The show was at 9:30, and we got there at 4. A long wait in the heat was inevitable, but worth it.
Probably not the most exciting news in the world, but important none the less, I also finally finished Super Mario Brothers 3, a game I started months ago. So now you can all rest easy, knowing I played it well. It's not that I have played it everyday since February, it more along the lines of life gets busy and I forgot about it too. Anyway, Sunday was a nice relaxing day for us. We spent the afternoon cleaning up the apartment for Bekah's visit this week, and working on Ollie and Tommy's quilts. I will post pics soon, along with the pics I have taken of the apartment. What's happened is one of us has put Jenee's camera in a safe place and neither of us can remember where it is. I will endevour to find it in the next few days.
On sunday evening, while quilting, we did discover something that we both really like. There is a show called Cake Boss that is based on a real 100 year old bakery owned by an Italian family in New Jersey. The owner Buddy is the brother and he has his mom, sisters, cousins and friends all working for him. Its a great show with lots of laughs, but uncannily, after watching reruns all night, Jenee and I found ourselves talking to each other like we were living our own reality TV show. Kinda scary, I think we need to go out side more...
No comments:
Post a Comment