Well, we've been back in G'ville for a few weeks now and a-plenty has a-happened. To get the ball rolling, we have moved apartment, again, shocker. We now have a nice town home. But before I get to that, I have to share a fun story. The day we arrived back from North Carolina, Jenee and I started packing up our old place (i.e. Sunday) so we could move on monday. Well, on Tuesday I had an endoscopy appointment that required me to take certain prepratory measures on Monday if you catch my drift. Therefore, you may be starting to see a conflict of interest here. I can say that loading the moving van on Morning was ok. I was able to pack our moving van whilst maintaining a safe distance to a bathroom. The afternoon however was a little more interesting because I had to drive said moving van across town with nowhere to stop, and two mad cats in the cab with me, and then when I got to the new place, start drinking something that tasted like lemon flavored soap water. All I can say is, I am glad that our new place has 3 bathrooms...
We ended up filling a 24 foot van twice with all our stuff, but we got 97% of it moved on Monday. Tuesday was D-Day, and we got up early to get to my appointment. I must say that the staff were very professional however the nurse who put my IV in gave me on huge bruise on the top of my hand. It wasn't her fault, I was apparently so dehydrated and tense about the how procedure that I "clamped down" and was almost impossible to get hooked up. It all ended up ok, and my proceedure went well.
Jenee was banking on my being exhausted and sleeping all day while she unpacked our boxes. It turned out that I was not so tired and I ended up unpacking with her. It took us two weeks, but we have finally unpacked our last boxes. I will take some photo's and put them here so that you can see our new place. We are so thrilled because we actually have room to move and space to call our own. It's great.
We have made a trip to IKEA too. We have bought a desk for Jenee and a stand for our TV so now we can actually use our coffee table for it's intended purpose, putting your feet up. The cats have also calmed down from the move, change isn't their strong suit. Sable has discovered the joys of stairs all over again and gleefully camps out and springs on anyone and any cat that dares to climb them. Marble has decided that she's not sure about all this newness and is happy to hide, although to her defense we have been experincing some terriffic storms these last two weeks.
Of course the highlight of our new place is, well it could be the 3 bathrooms (no more calling "shotgun" in the car), it could be having our own "offices" or it could be the fact we have our own washer and dryer! Yay for washer's and dryer's!
Well, check back soon, I have a tonne of photo's to post, and some apartment shots too. It will take a week or so...
Nate
1 comment:
It's great to know that God does indeed show his love for us, his children, in tangible ways... yay for a new apartment! :D
p.s. And double yay for IKEA!!
Post a Comment